In about 8 weeks, I will fly back to England for the first time in almost three years, spend a few days with my family and then head out to Barcelona. A city I have never been to, but if everyone else is to be believed, a city I will soon fall in love with and a city that will be my home for the next three and a half months.
I'm an exchange student for the first time since I was a teenager and I can't wait. Going back to school after 7 years of work was definitely challenging at first. But after the shell shock of the first two mods, its become an incredible platform of opportunity and I've done my best to make the most of every moment.
Tomorrow morning I will wake up at 3am to log onto ESADE's intranet and select my classes for the fall. My classmates here in DC already did this back in May, and they will have two mods to work through while I am on the European semester system. Most of the classes I thought I was going to take are either not available in the fall or taught only in Spanish. Although I have a basic grasp of Spanish (and hopefully will have a much stronger grasp in a few months) I don't feel up to taking class in Spanish quite yet. As a result, I am planning to take several classes that normally wouldn't have made it onto my shortlist, but I think will be valuable and interesting and perhaps a little more challenging than I originally planned.
I am planning to take:
- European Business
- International Finance
- International Finance Simulation
- Measuring Business Performance
- Strategic Innovation
- Corporate Citizenship
- Business Spanish
Thanks for visiting my blog and I'll let you know how it goes!
Lauren

No comments:
Post a Comment